American Karate is a versatile martial art that teaches the student in a comprehensive and scientific manner to defend himself or herself. The student learns to defend against many different types of attacks such as, kicks, punches, grabs, headlocks and bear hugs, to name a few. Advanced students learn to defend themselves against multiple attackers and attackers with weapons.
In addition to learning self-defense techniques, students:
- Develop strength and flexibility
- Improve mental concentration
- Sharpen coordination and balance
- Boost self-esteem and confidence
- Cultivate respect for others